Rich and indulgent, the air-lightened, flourless CBD chocolate cake has been a classic way to end many a dinner for generations.
- 12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 12 tbsp. CBD-infused butter 1.5 sticks, or 3 full droppers full of CBD/Hemp oil added to butter and mixed for about 5 mins.
- 1/4 tsp. fine salt
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp confectioners' sugar and/or cocoa powder for dusting
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9 by 2-inch spring form pan with nonstick spray.
Put the chocolate and CBD-infused butter in a heatproof bowl. Bring a saucepan filled with an inch or so of water to a very slow simmer; set the bowl on the pan without touching the water. Stir occasionally until melted.
Beat the eggs and sugar with a standing or handheld mixer until light and thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Fold the melted chocolate into the whipped eggs until evenly combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out wet but not gooey, about 1 hour and 25 minutes. Remove cake from the oven and cool on a rack.
When ready to serve remove ring from spring form mold. Dust cake with confectioners’ sugar or cocoa powder. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.