Celebrities that Used CBD Oil
1) Morgan Freeman - Morgan Freeman is an actor, narrator, and cannabis advocate. Freeman started openly advocating for CBD after he endured a nearly-fatal car accident in 2008. After he recovered, he developed fibromyalgia. Due to the intense pain and discomfort Freeman experienced, he decided to use plant medicine. Morgan Freeman consumes CBD for its natural pain-relieving effects. Although Morgan regularly uses CBD, he also uses THC to help treat his Fibromyalgia.
2) Whoppi Goldberg - Whoopi Goldberg is the talk show host of The View, actress, performer, comedienne, and cannabis advocate. In fact, many would agree that she is an outspoken cannabis advocate. Goldberg proudly supports CBD as a health supplement. One of Whoopi’s goals is to show the world how effective CBD is for middle-aged women. She advocates CBD for women’s health issues such as menstrual cramps, nerve pain, and menopausal discomfort.
Whoopi speaks highly of cannabis and its counterparts for various health issues. Whoopi often uses a vape pen to help treat stress, pain, her glaucoma, and menstrual cramps. Whoopi has also admitted to consuming CBD when she cannot get THC. She supports people consuming CBD at work as the compound is non-psychoactive.
3) Michael J. Fox - Best known for starring in the Back to the Future trilogy and the original Teen Wolf, Michael J. Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 1991 at the age of 29. He has since begun using CBD as a means of alleviating his Parkinson’s symptoms. The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research has found that a high amount of cannabinoid receptors are found in the human basal ganglia, a group of brain cells responsible for movement and affected by Parkinson’s disease. Several studies funded by MJFF have found that cannabinoids, like CBD, may help to protect brain cells via antioxidant and anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
4) Jennifer Aniston - Actress Jennifer Aniston uses CBD oil for stress, pain, and anxiety. When “Friends” actress Jennifer Aniston was married to Brad Pitt, the couple were branded as stoners. After they broke up, that rumor faded but Aniston still uses cannabis for medicinal purposes. In an interview with Rolling Stone in 2001, Aniston admitted that she enjoyed smoking marijuana once in a while but would not consider herself as a pothead. Now, she takes CBD for anxiety. “CBD helps with pain, stress, and anxiety,” Aniston told Us Weekly.
5) Olivia Wilde - Olivia Wilde likes to use CBD cream for pain and soreness after performances. In an interview with the New York Times, she said that she used it to relieve physical aches during Broadway. The fashion stylist Karla Welch, who works with Ms. Wilde, Ruth Negga, Katy Perry and Sarah Paulson, uses Lord Jones CBD lotion on her clients’ feet when they walk the red carpet. “‘Recently I did a play on Broadway for six months, and my body was wrecked – my neck was really tight. The CBD has relaxing benefits, and the idea is to avoid using too many painkillers.” She told the New York Times.
6) Gene Simmons - Aside from advocating the amazing benefits that CBD has to offer, many celebrities also invest in the cannabis industry. Gene Simmons invested $10 million in Invictus, a Canadian cannabis grower. Although he’s never smoked pot, he’s quoted as saying that he believes in cannabis. For Simmons, it’s purely a business move. “I’ve got $10 million wrapped up in the stock because I believe in it,” Simmons told CNNMoney. Invictus went public on the Toronto Stock Exchange last month with a ticker bearing his name: GENE.
7) Mike Tyson - Former boxer Mike Tyson is also constructing Tyson Ranch, a project to build a pot farm in California City, approximately 50 miles from Los Angeles. Rob Hickman, an investor backing Tyson Ranch, told CNNMoney that Tyson “doesn’t drink anymore, he’s a heavy CBD and a heavy marijuana user.” “The news of Mike Tyson setting up a cannabis farm caught many by surprise because he’s not necessarily a figure that you would associate with cannabis use,” said John Kagia, a cannabis industry analyst for New Frontier Data.
8) Rihanna - Truly music royalty, Rihanna has won nine Grammy Awards, 12 Billboard Music Awards, and 12 American Music Awards. She has sold over 250 million records worldwide, making her one of the best-selling musicians of all time, and there seems to be no end in sight to her output. Rihanna is open about her use of marijuana and continues to advocate for its wider legalization and usage.
9) Montel Williams - Former TV host, radio talk show host, and actor, Montel Williams turned to CBD after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1999. Multiple sclerosis is a disease of the brain and spinal cord caused by the immune system mistakenly attacking and eating away the myelin covering the protects nerve cells. Some studies suggest that CBD may help to relieve symptoms of multiple sclerosis, and it seems to have worked out for Williams. He has since teamed up with Cura Cannabis and Lenitiv Labs to market a line of hemp-derived CBD capsules that are reportedly 100 percent free of THC, the chemical responsible for marijuana’s psychoactive effects. Williams’ CBD products also boast handpicked terpenes that may help with a wide range of issues, including depression, inflammation, pain management, and memory loss.
10) Steve Kerr - Steve Kerr has won five NBA championships, three with the Chicago Bulls and two with the San Antonio Spurs. He holds the record for highest career three-point percentage in NBA history. As the current head coach of the Golden State Warriors, Kerr has led the team to three championships and was awarded Coach of the Year in 2016.
In the summer of 2015, Kerr underwent lower back surgery. However, mistakes in the surgery led to cerebrospinal fluid leaks. These leaks were debilitating, causing headaches, vomiting, nausea, and impairment in the senses. The symptoms were bad enough that Kerr was absent for more than half of the regular 2016-2017 season. In order to manage the pain, Kerr turned to CBD and medical marijuana. He has since become an advocate of medical marijuana, especially as an alternative to more powerful and potentially addictive prescription painkillers.
11) Kristen Bell - An award-winning actress in film, TV, and theatre, Kristen Bell is the current star of The Good Place and best known for Veronica Mars. Bell uses CBD oil for her anxiety as well as CBD lotion to help soothe sore muscles after her workouts.
12) Melissa Etheridge - Praised singer-songwriter and winner of two Grammy Awards among 15 nominations since she began her music career in 1988, Melissa Etheridge is a true music legend. In 2004, Etheridge was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to undergo chemotherapy and surgical procedures. Etheridge turned to CBD and medical marijuana as a means of coping with the pain and discomfort following her cancer treatments. She has since fully recovered from breast cancer, but Etheridge continues to advocate for cannabis legalization.
13) Nate Diaz - Nate Diaz is an American MMA fighter currently signed with UFC. Along with a laundry list of wins and honors, Nate Diaz is known for his feud with Conor McGregor. After falling to McGregor at UFC 202, Diaz openly smoked his vape pen at the post-match press conference. Diaz admitted to smoking CBD as a means of supporting the healing process, reducing inflammation, and generally helping him concentrate during fights and training.
14) Snoop Dogg - The famous rapper is rarely seen without a joint or blunt in his hand. He largely credits his transition from a hate-filled-gangster to a love-giver to cannabis. He has always supported and advocated for use and legalization of both THC and CBD products.
15) Tommy Chong - Chong became popular in the 1970’s for his comedies about pot-smoking. Like many advocates, his support was a product of personal necessity. He credits the effects of CBD oil when discussing his recovery from prostate cancer in 2012. “I kicked cancer’s ass” he said of his CBD use.
16) Seth Rogen - Seth believes so strongly in the benefits of cannabis and CBD for Alzheimer's prevention that he spoke in congress about the state of Alzheimer's research and the public perception of people with the disease...His testimony came as part of a larger Senate hearing about the state of Alzheimer's research.
17) Oliver Stone - Oliver Stone fought in the Vietnam war for the US Army before he began his cinema career. Not only did he return from war with PTSD and find that it helped him from going insane trying to readjust, but he recounted that many of his platoon members also smoked to relax and maintain a healthy state of mind. He's been advocating for legalization ever since.
18) Alessandra Ambrosio - Victoria’s Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio swears by CBD to help her with sleep and anxiety. In an interview, she mentioned that it’s important to get 8 full hours of sleep to be ready for a runway show. However, with the stress of an upcoming fashion show, it can be difficult to get enough sleep. When her mind gets anxious, she uses CBD oil to help ease the anxiety.
Sources: keytoCannabis, hho, Nordic